The other day while walking around the shops in my local town I came across this recipe book for dogs in a charity shop.
When I got back home I decided that I would make my dog Jake a treat from it. I went with the Honey Dog Biscuits.
Honey Dog Biscuits
150g Wholewheat Flour – plus extra for dusting
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
2 tablespoons Honey
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 400°F, (200°C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Mix the flour, oats and baking powder together in a large bowl.
3. Add the butter in small flakes and rub into the flour and oat mixture.
4. Then add in the honey, eggs and milk, bringing together with a knife or spoon. Once it starts to come together, knead thoroughly.
5. On a floured work surface roll the dough out about 1/2 inch (1cm) thick. Cut out round biscuit shapes (or any other shaped cutter you want – I also did some star shaped). Place these on the baking tray, leaving a little space between each one.
6. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. After this time turn off the oven and allow the biscuits to dry out for a further 2 hours.
Jake loves them just like the Carrot and Apple biscuits I had made the other week.
I like making him his biscuits as it is nice to know what is being put in them and they are healthier.