Hi there everyone 🙂
Hope you are all well, sorry that I haven’t posted a recipe in quite a while, I know its been a few months but I shall try to get back into the swing of things and share with you all what I have been baking.
At the end of November last year I had a bit of an accident in my car, thankfully I was fine but I was very upset about my car as I thought that it was written off. Very very happy that it wasn’t and that they were able to fix it and its looking as good as new.
I had a lovely Christmas and New Year with my Family and Friends and yes there was quite a bit of cake and sweet treats going around, always find that you eat way too much round that time of year.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
This is the Cookie recipe that I used to make a Giant Heart Cookie.
I used my Nordic Ware Heart Shape Cookie Sheet to make the giant cookie. I think it would be good to make a pizza with too or maybe even a chocolate brownie, for any romantic occasion or if your just feeling soppy.
Giant Heart Valentines Cookie
Yields about 24-30 cookies
225g Butter, room temperature
325g Granulated Sugar
100g Soft Dark Brown Sugar – I used Dark Muscovado Sugar
2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Large Egg
1 Extra Egg Yolk
425g Self-Raising Flour
350g Chocolate chopped – use any of your choice – I used a mixture of Chocolate Chips and Galaxy Chopped
- Preheat your oven to Gas Mark 5 and line your baking tray or large cookie sheet with baking paper. I drew around the heart cookie sheet and cut it out to line the tray.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, then add in the vanilla extract, followed by both the egg and egg yolk making sure that all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add the flour, a tablespoon at a time and keep mixing until you have a soft cookie dough. Stir in your chopped chocolate pieces or chocolate chips of your choice making sure that they are evenly dispersed.
If you are making small cookies you want a heaped tablespoon for each cookie, spacing them apart as they spread quite a bit – I normally do 6 per baking tray.
Giant Heart Cookie
If you have a Nordic Ware Heart Shape Cookie Sheet like me then you want to take about just under half of the cookie dough and place it on your cookie sheet, using your fingertips to help spread out the dough.
- Place the giant cookie into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until just turning golden brown but still quite soft as the cookie will firm up when cooling.
- Once the cookie was cool I then decorated it with a tub of Betty Crockers Chocolate Fudge Frosting, as I wanted to make it look like a ‘Millies Cookie’ and added a few golden sprinkles.
I was actually able to make two giant heart cookies with the amount of cookie dough in the recipe.
I also made this Heart Shaped ‘Be Mine’ Valentines Cake, which I decorated with Marshmallow Frosting and Heart Sprinkles.
I made my mom and dad some cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting, topped with pretty red sprinkles and red marzipan roses.
I will make sure that I share the recipes I did with you at some point throughout the next couple months even though most maybe not be that seasonal but you can still enjoy them.