Makes 30+ Cookies – depending on the size
(If you want to half the recipe so that you have fewer cookies)
250g Butter, softened
200g Light Brown Soft Sugar
200g Caster Sugar
2 tablespoon (30ml) Golden Syrup
2 Eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
450g Self Raising Flour
Pinch of Salt
200g Milk Chocolate, chopped or use Chocolate Chips (I used 100g chopped chocolate & 100g chocolate chips)
70g Honeycomb*, crushed
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4 and line your baking trays with greaseproof paper.
2. Cream together the butter, sugars and golden syrup, once the mixture has been creamed, add the beaten egg in two halves along with the vanilla extract and make sure that everything is well combined.
3. Sift in the flour and salt and mix in until no flour remains and then stir in the chocolate and honeycomb pieces.
The cookies spread quite a lot so depending on your baking tray size only put 3-6 cookies on each as they will end up merging together.
5. Place the cookies into the preheated oven and bake for around 10-15 minutes but keep an eye on them.
As everyone’s oven is different, baking times may vary – mine is a gas oven and they took around 18 minutes, checking half way through to turn them around so that they browned evenly. Also depending on the size of your cookies that will also alter the baking time especially if your cookies are larger.
6. Take out of the oven and leave to harden for a minute or two before transferring to a wire rack.
These cookies are great when they are eaten slightly warm, with the crisp outer layer and the gooey centre but still taste just as good cold the following day.
If they are not all eaten on the same day, you can store them in an airtight container.
My dad’s friend came over and he tried one of my honeycomb and chocolate chip cookies and he said that they tasted like the cookies he had when he was in America, which I thought was a great compliment. I think that they went down a storm with everybody as there is not many left seen as these were only made the other day.
I hope that you enjoy these cookies!